I Am...

My photo
Rhymin' since day... curious is a multi-tasking microphone vandal. Hiphop poetry is the dish of the day. Whether served fresh acapella or over baking hot beats, the elements of this feast are best enjoyed raw. Catch a portion of curious online or on stage, spitting like a pig on a spit roast. Check in to keep updated...peaCe

Thursday 6 May 2010

(Funk) in your trunk...


If you are around London this summer, try and get down to Green Park to check out my man Ashwan's submission for Elephant Parade London 2010.

Elephant what? (I hear you say):

Elephant Parade is a conservation campaign that shines a multi-coloured spotlight on the urgent crisis faced by the endangered Asian elephant. Brought to you by www.elephantfamily.org, the event sees over 250 brightly painted life-size elephants located over central London this summer.

- Ashwan spent a few days in earlier in the year painting Harry (as my daughters named him!) in my garage and on my driveway. It turned plenty of heads and broke the ice for more conversations with my local community and neighbours than is usual in North-West London. It was a treat to see it come to being; from arriving as a white cast to leaving as a "...In Your Trunk, Turn The Bass Up"; a funky-ass piece of hip-hop painting/sculpture, destined to bomb one of the Queen's gardens - now that's gettin' up!

When you find it, look close for the curious tag nestled between the layers - props for that Ash!

Check the method:










peaCe

No comments:

Post a Comment